Boots is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc, the first global pharmacy-led health and wellbeing enterprise
Overview of the role
Communications sits at the heart of our brand, as a team we are now on a journey which will revolutionise the way we engage with our colleagues and tell our fantastic brand story in new and compelling ways
The Communications Manager will be a key catalyst to our future communications stagey which will deliver and bring about real change in fast paced and ever evolving customer facing business
· Develop and implement creative campaigns that deliver really business results in a timely, cost effective and on brand way.
· Work with a variety of internal and external partners to deliver the plan in house shared service. External agency supplier management, driving performance with 3rd party suppliers.
· Leading and delivering large scale company-wide projects to drive engagement amongst all colleague groups eg celebrating our high achievers, undertaking colleague engagement exercises which feed directly into the overall people and HR plan
· Develop and implement the internal communications strategy for the business.
· You will work closely with external comms team to help protect and grow our brand particularly during issues and crisis situations
· Developing and performance manage members of the internal coms team so they not only deliver the plan brilliantly, but their capability and quality of work continually improves.
· Input to and drive our external communications plan, effectively guiding external suppliers and service providers.
· Develop communications toolkits to effectively cascade ambitions and goals.
· Measure the effectiveness of internal communications messages and channels on an ongoing basis and make recommendations to review and amend the strategy as appropriate.
· Track and measure the effectiveness of communications efforts and look to continually optimize and innovate, bring forward a pipeline of new ideas and initiative
Our Ideal Candidat
· Track record of developing and implementing digital communications channels within a large complex corporate environment
· Ability to get to the nub of an issue and quickly translate in to messaging which resonates across all of our colleagues
· Comfortable partnering a broad and diverse stakeholder group to bring about change
· Demonstrates a contextual writing style and demonstrate creative flair
· Experience working with people data and using insights to shape and influence the messaging and approach
· Creative, visionary and strategic – ability to articulate a compelling vision and translate strategy into a road map of success
· Significant experience of internal communications – preferably mix of sectors, business phases (e.g. growth, turnaround) and large company / big brand experience
· Demonstrates resilience, energy, drive and a results-orientation to match the pace, fluidity and volume that comes with working in a high performing retail organisation