Clarivate Analytics Website
Clarivate Analytics clients are the trailblazers and risk takers who come up with life-changing ideas. We’re looking for our own trailblazers to help us keep providing clients some of the world’s most trusted brands, spanning scientific and academic research, patent analytics, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence and IP management.
We’re an independent owned company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission. If you’re excited by the thought of helping people and organizations go from new ideas to life-changing innovations faster, we’re excited to consider you for a position at Clarivate.
The Business Partner for Internal Communications will partner with key divisions within the organization. Working closely with key Business Leaders, this individual will support them and their teams in delivering their communications requirements.Reporting to the Director of Internal Communications the ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing and managing internal communication campaigns and content from start to finish in a global business, with the ability to understand and interpret complex issues and key priorities to employees.
They will have experience of driving employee engagement, utilising a number of approaches including web-based communications, face-to-face events etc. They will also have experience of managing change communications and will have an understanding of how to support change in a matrixed organization. Obviously, excellent writing skills and an eye for detail are essential.
In this role they will be expected to interact credibly and confidently with senior executives and be responsible for building relationships with stakeholders across the business. They will provide the business and employees with communications that are innovative and engaging; that encourage employees to be curious about our business, to get involved in our online discussions
Most of all, they must be passionate about the practice of internal communications and the value of communications and the customers we serve.
Roles & responsibilities
- Support the Business leaders by helping to initiate, coordinate and execut the Clarivate communications plans for their areas.
- Build trust and credibility as a communications partner to senior executives, providing sound advice and effective internal communications strategic planning.
- Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communication channels providing context, clarity, consistency, aligned with the company’s strategic priorities.
- Organize logistics and develop content for senior executive webcasts, town halls, videos and small-group discussions.
- Partner closely with HR, Marketing, and other business leaders to support and implement communication plans, employee engagement initiatives and events
- Develop communication tools and templates to promote communications best practices across the organization.
- Work closely with external communications to ensure internal and external communications are aligned, the impact on all audiences is considered and the company’s reputation safeguarded.
- Execute and monitor employee feedback channels to foster continuous improvement of communications and business strategy.
Background and experience
- A minimum of five years’ internal communication experience in a global organisation, including engagement and change
- Proven track record of advising and providing communications support to executive management level
- Excellent communication skills in English, plus the ability to write clear copy with a eye for detail
- A real passion for internal communications, Education
- Bachelor’s degree, and preferably a second qualification in journalism, communications, PR or marketing desirable
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- Experience in Change management communications
- An understanding and experience of employee engagement
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to manage and deliver projects and timelines with colleagues without direct supervisory support
- Measurement (using social traditional tools)
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects
- Some skill with basic photo and video editing software is a plus
- Strong business acumen
- Problem solving
- Strong collaborator and communicator
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge and understanding of companywide email, intranet content management and virtual town hall meetings
- Solid knowledge and understanding of communication methodologies, tools and vehicles, especially for internal audiences
- Understand the communications needs of various internal audiences
- Internal stakeholders groups
- Company culture and attitudes
- Solid grasp of company culture and attitudes, good communication and project management skills, and an understanding of the organization’s current campaign execution processes
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.