Premier Inn Website
Contract type: Fixed Term
Categories: Marketing, Communications, Insight & PR, Project / Change Management
Communications and Engagement Lead – Competitive Salary and bonus up to 30% of salary – 2years FTC
What will you be doing
You will be accountable for the creation, coordination and delivery of communications as required across all available channels.
Working on one of Whitbread’s largest Programmes defining communications and engagement strategy, guidelines, standard processes and plans to engage our Premier Inn teams with the business strategy and alignment with the programme’s objectives, helping deliver on short term and long term goals.
Acting as the communications business partner to the programme, leading and managing internal and external communications within Premier Inn and across Whitbread as well as developing and executing a comprehensive communications engagement strategy to ensure messaging is consistent and effectively delivered. Developing close relationships with all departments is important to ensure you know what key activities are taking place thus enabling you to promote and assist their successful implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience of writing for an audience and proof-reading to high level of accuracy
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity
- Understands commercial drivers in the business and has ideally worked within a large (technology driven) transformation programme environment
- Good relationship builder
- Attention to detail and lateral thinker
- Team player and good networking and influencing skills – especially at senior stakeholder level
- Ability to make complex simple
- Results and value oriented
- IT literate
- Excellent skill levels in PowerPoint, Word and other media packagesYou’ll have the ability to manage communications events such as internal conferences and area meetings. Provide weekly and monthly comms to stakeholders and drive an engagement plan to deliver a successful programme.Why we would like you to apply
You’re a passionate and highly organised individual, an expert in communications with strong attention to detail which you’ve developed through your experience of writing and communicating key messages to a wide audience. You get excited by being part of a crucial team within the business as well as experiencing change and being fully involved with planning and executing an engagement plan for the Premier Inn team.
A bit about us:
Premier Inn is the UK’s largest hotel chain and is part of the UK’s leading hospitality company in the FTSE100, Whitbread PLC. With over 700 hotels and more than 60,000 rooms across the UK and Ireland, we have grown rapidly, and have been named the UK’s top rated hotel chain by the Which? Hotel Chain Report 2016. We have set ambitious growth plans and by 2020, we plan to increase the size of Premier Inn to around 85,000 UK rooms, as well as expanding our international presence to 50 hotels.
Whitbread Restaurants forms part of the UK’s leading hospitality company in the FTSE100, Whitbread PLC, and includes our much-loved brands; Table Table, Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Taybarns and Whitbread Inns. We serve over 50 million meals a year in our restaurants, ‘Serving Up Great Memories’ for our customers.
At Whitbread, we are fully committed to growing legendary brands through building a strong customer heartbeat and innovating to stay ahead. We are dedicated to our core values; being genuine, confident and committed, and are proud of our winning teams, who make everyday experiences special for our customers.
WHERE WE ARE GOING
Our core business has changed over the years, yet we remain true to Samuel Whitbread’s founding spirit to put our people first, focus on the customer, and recognise that progress comes from innovative thinking. This is reflected in our Vision and Values.
We will grow legendary brands by building a strong customer heartbeat and innovating to stay ahead.
Our winning teams make every day experiences special for customers, so they come back time and again, driving profitable growth.
Our values underpin everything we do at Whitbread, across all our brands:
- Genuine – we really care about customers
- Confident – we strive to be the best at what we do
- Committed – we work hard for each other
We would love you to join us on this exciting journey!
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.