As a part of Cobham Special Mission we’re currently recruiting for a Communications Manager to deliver both external and internal communications plans and tactics for diverse external and internal audiences.
Lead and draft media statements in support of key campaigns and also provide opportunities for people to tell their stories, actively engage with change programmes and feel proud about working for the organisation.
Liaises and works with employees at all levels in the organisation to deliver both external and internal communications activities which support the broader work of the organisation and leads the employer branding activity externally
The prime location is the Cobham Aviation Services facility located at Hurn, Christchurch
As Communications Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- A degree or post graduate qualification ideally in Communications Sales, Marketing or HR.
- Previous experience in a corporate communications environment.
- Experience of working with external media organisations Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and the confidence to deal with senior executives to explain communication techniques to them.
- Experience of social media platforms.
- Excellent written and proof reading skills with a creative flair.
- Proven IT skills including MS Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Understanding of how effective IC&E strategies can drive change.
- Filming and video editing skills
- Knowledge of SharePoint
As Communications Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Draft media releases in support of key Business Development key campaigns
- Working with the Corporate external communication team, provide support for the drafting of media statements.
- Provide advice and support for customer engagement planning with respect to key campaigns including but not limited to the drafting of key messages.
- Support the organisation’s marketing activities and brand promotion.
- As required, lead or assist with the delivery of branding events targeted at external audiences.
- Work in close alignment with the VP Human Resources shape and define the organisation’s internal communications and engagement (IC&E) strategy and plan.
- Maintain an internal communications calendar, including liaising with appropriate teams, to ensure internal audiences receive the right messages at the right time.
- Ensure organisational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders.
- Advise internal customers on appropriate communications plans and tactics for change projects, and delivers as appropriate.
- Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for internal presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- Create, curate and edit content across the organisation’s internal communications channels (e.g. employee events, webinars, vlogs, TV screens. e-newsletter, intranet, email campaigns).
- Plan and project manage the creation and delivery of monthly internal e-newsletter.
- Core member of Company Social Committee, supporting with both design and delivery, to ensure a high quality, impactful employee experience.
- Manage the organisation’s annual measurement of employee engagement through internal survey’s and Company directed employee engagement surveys such as A Great Place to Work.
- Write or contribute towards other external award entries as required across the organisation.
- Any other duties that are reasonably requested by management within the capability of the incumbent.
Cobham Special Mission
Protecting borders, saving lives and enhancing the effectiveness of defence personnel.
We combine state-of-the-art technology with complex air platforms to deliver customised airborne surveillance, operational readiness training and search and rescue services.
Our end-to-end capabilities benefit government and military customers with responsive and cost-effective turn-key solutions for optimal mission performance.