Hertz Europe Website
“Do you have 8 – 10 years of internal and external communications program development and management in a corporate, International setting? Have you got a Multi-disciplinary background in a wide variety of communications, ideally with a mix of in-house and agency experience? If the answer is YES, then we have a fantastic opportunity for YOU!
Director, Communications, Hertz International, reporting to the Senior Director, Communications, Hertz International.
Direct the development and day-to-day execution of timely internal and external communications strategies and associated programs for Hertz International. Manage a team of two experienced managers; the PR Manager and Internal Communications Manager for Hertz International, providing them with inspirational leadership and supporting their professional development.
Provide support to the Senior Director, Communications, International on executive communications assignments, including for the Group President of Hertz International and other senior-level projects. The Director of Communications, International is also a member of the global communications team, and contributes to the overall global communications strategy and deliverables.
What you’ll do
- Oversee the development and execution of internal communications and public relations strategies, programs and materials to facilitate awareness, understanding and buy-in among key stakeholders.
- Develop strategic communications strategies, goals, messaging, and deliverables in support of employee engagement and cultural transformation efforts, working closely with the International HR function, communications team, and other key stakeholders.
- Own and develop the management cascade process to ensure that leaders communicate to their teams in a timely and effective manner, and employees better understand their impact on the near- and long-term goals of the company.
- Provide communications counsel for members of the Hertz International Senior Management team, including operations management and heads of functions.
- Develop and execute organisational change-related communications strategies in alignment with global communications strategies and HR communications strategies
- Lead the global franchise communications program, overseeing and contributing strategic communications deliverables to both franchise and internal audiences.
- Ensure team delivers PR programs and press releases in collaboration with marketing and other relevant departments to drive positive press coverage and positioning.
- Effectively lead communications around occasional crisis situations or reputational risks by working closely with stakeholders and providing authoritative strategies and execution.
- Write, edit and direct content for various communications channels.
- Manage a team of two experienced, autonomous managers for Hertz International. Provide coaching, guidance and performance reviews to further their development and to ensure that the communications team continues to be recognized for its high standard of work.
- Assist in the communications function’s operational imperatives including the departmental strategy, policy development, project reporting, performance standards, process improvement and optimisation.
- Serve as an International communications representative on cross-functional, company-wide initiatives.
What’s in it for you
- Pension scheme
- Career Development and Progression
- Bonus plan
- Wide range of training and development courses available to all employees
- Free Parking
- Onsite Gym
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Car Rental discount including friends & family members
- Cycle to work scheme
What you’ll need
- Superlative writing, editing and presentation development skills. Includes ability to ghost write for executives and adapt writing style for diverse audiences and communications channels
- Ability to develop strategic communications plans for an international setting, and deliver results in fast changing business environments
- Ability to provide strategic communications counsel to spokespeople and senior leaders
- Strong relationship builder with excellent influential, interpersonal and networking skills
- At ease managing and effectively operating with senior executives, and within a matrix organization
- Motivational team leadership with experience in coaching communications team members to support their career development
- Ability to engage and deploy cross-functional resources to achieve communications objectives
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Effective use of various communications channels
- PR agency management experience
- Ability to manage multiple assignments to strict deadlines within a highly demanding business environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with an attention to detail and strong customer service focus
- Resourceful in overcoming obstacles and relentless in driving execution
The Hertz Corporation has an exciting portfolio of car rental brands – including Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly – as well as the fleet management company Donlen. We are one of the largest worldwide airport vehicle rental companies and the Hertz brand is one of the most recognized in the world.
We want our employees to feel inspired and empowered. Everyone is encouraged to contribute to building an atmosphere where people feel proud of where they work, what they do and how they contribute. Every employee has the chance to spearhead ground-breaking work in a fully collaborative environment, providing them a stimulating and enriching career experience.
Our mission is to be the preferred rental car company and you have the opportunity to help steer this mission. Get in touch today and APPLY NOW