Key role responsibilities:
As the Director of Internal Communications, you will be responsible for developing and delivering an effective strategic communications and engagement plan that aligns with Inmarsat’s business and people strategies for next generation growth and ultra-connectivity. The role will work closely with stakeholders across Inmarsat including the Chief People Officer and HR team, the Inmarsat Executive Team, managers and employees.
We are seeking a high-performing individual who can bring new, innovative and two-way internal communications strategies to how we:
- Effectively communicate to and engage our employees in Inmarsat’s strategy and change programmes.
- Ensure employees feel connected to, engaged with and inspired by the business, and clearly understand how individually they play an instrumental part in Inmarsat’s success.
- Make Inmarsat ‘one’ organisation and a global, multi-dimensional winner as the best place to work, best distribution, best solutions and best networks.
In particular, you will be responsible for developing and delivering a strategic, clear, consistent, measurable, and creative internal communication and engagement strategy and plan focusing on all employees across the global business.
Your responsibilities and activities will include:
- Responsible for developing, leading and implementing Inmarsat’s internal communications strategy and plan that is aligned to the firm’s business strategy and priorities.
- Work with the Chief People Officer and the Human Resources team to deliver and embed a range of strategic HR and change communications deliverables including the employee value proposition, employee engagement surveys and change programme initiatives.
- Advise the Chief People Officer, Executive Team, members of the Extended Leadership Team and Global Managers Network on internal communications messages and methods to ensure they are clear, consistent and targeted for employee audiences, with clear linkages between activities and firm priorities.
- Work with Marketing, Corporate Communications and Investor Relations to align on internal /external communications and brand, as well as with leaders and business unit teams to develop communications for corporate initiatives.
- Develop strong relationships and become a trusted adviser on internal communications to a diverse, dispersed and wide range of employees, providing guidance and coaching to managers and senior leaders as required to support global/local team communications and transcending down of key messages.
- Ensure communications are disseminated effectively through appropriate channels and in a timely manner to defined audiences, including implementing new channels where needed.
- Develop two-way communications methods that enable both corporate messaging and opportunities for employee feedback, involvement and contribution to Inmarsat.
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of communications to achieve objectives, with a strong understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of different communications channels for different audiences and situations.
- Deliver training to the Human Resources team, Internal Communications Champions and employees as required on communications approaches, channels and technologies in order to develop communications capabilities and maximise investment in communications and engagement initiatives.
- Manage other strategic internal communications projects as and when directed by the Chief People Officer and Executive Team.
- Manage 1.5 employees, as well as a network of internal communications champions to deliver agreed tasks.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Educated to degree level and / or have commensurate experience in communications, engagement and project management.
- Substantial knowledge, understanding and experience in developing and delivering communications and engagement strategies, specifically its application to medium to large-scale global organisations.
- Significant experience of developing organisational objectives into communications and engagement deliverables for targeted activities across a range of different channels and media platforms.
- A demonstrable track record of leading and developing teams of professional employee in communications and engagement activities.
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously but also collaboratively within a team environment whilst prioritising and balancing conflicting demands.
- Collaborative, consultative, inclusive working style, with the gravitas and ability to work with and positively influence c-suite and audiences throughout the organisation.
- Sound commercial acumen.
- A problem-solver with the ability to identify problems and using initiatives to find suitable and workable solutions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.jobs.net/jobs/inmarsat/en-gb/job/United-Kingdom/Internal-Communications-Director-Contractor-001312/J3H5JG6XL4R89F04P70/ →