Takeda Business Services (TBS) is a newly formed function within Takeda with the objective of enabling Takeda’s business strategy, delivering simplification and cost reduction, improving service and providing a transformation engine for continuous improvement for Takeda. ‘Continuously innovating and transforming our business to be simpler and more cost competitive, enhancing our employees’ experience’ is our overarching vision with a goal of ‘Building a Healthy Business’, helping focus us on delivering value for Takeda.
This role is fundamental to the success of TBS as it plays a critical role in building change capability and organizational resiliency in our global organization, coaching business leaders on change management strategies, and providing direct change management support for the transformation and build of TBS.
It will not only prepare the entire organization for our transformation from ‘current state’ to ‘future state’, but also drive behavioral and cultural change through engaging and timely communications and initiatives that touch all employees across the 73-country footprint of Takeda.
- Accountable for the holistic TBS global communication and change management strategy that will underpin the successful implementation of the TBS transformation programme and 2020 vision.
- The role will assess, develop and implement change management strategies and plans that ready the organization for change by minimizing business disruption, maximizing employee engagement, and driving faster adoption of the changes impacting employees across Takeda globally.
- Responsible for the creation of a global communication and change network, to enable successful execution of centrally driven initiatives.
- Accountable for the development and execution of a Global Communication and Change Management strategy that underpins and supports the delivery of the TBS transformation, based on deep understanding of the programme and the business area being impacted by the change.
- Developing business change strategies and executing project-based change deliverables for key initiatives including visioning, stakeholder engagement, change risk and readiness assessment, communications, organizational impact analysis, alignment and transition, and sustainability.
- Responsible for creating and leveraging globally standard change management processes, practises and tools, directly linked to driving ROI and achieving the TBS strategy.
- This role will play a key role in professionalizing the internal global Change Management capability for TBS and Takeda, modelling change management best practices.
- Developing ongoing change management capability TBS, capturing, reviewing and embedding learning across implementation waves and locations.
- Build and lead a global TBS change and communications network, coaching local Change Agents on methodologies, templates, etc.
- Proactively identify potential people risks and anticipating resistance; developing specific plans to mitigate or address concerns.
- Develop an actionable and targeted organizational alignment plan for sponsor and stakeholder management which includes communication, coaching, education and resistance management.
- Develop and maintain the core methodology, templates and tools to support execution of that strategy
- In collaboration with G&A transformation and leadership teams, and the TBS leadership team design and deliver change interventions to drive the desired behavior change, change adoption and embedment.
- Define the skills, structures, tools and support mechanisms required to deliver the change initiatives.
- Partner with workstreams and business partners to ensure key messages pertaining to change management are communicated accurately and timely using innovative channels.
- Develop, manage and implement internal communications events for TBS.
- Work with the Global Opex Work Better programme to align content and delivery of communication.
- Responsible for all internal and external TBS communications, partnering with Internal and Corporate communications and external vendors when required.
- > 30-40% travel (potentially to key locations such as Zurich/London, Tokyo)
Education, Experience, Knowledge And Skills
- Extensive experience in communication and change management roles that are global in nature with progressive responsibility preferably across a range of industries.
- Demonstrated experience managing communications and change in a global and matrix organization, covering multiple geographies, language groups, and business models.
- A thought-leader and advocate for the global Change Management.
- Proven track record in managing change and communications in global transformation programs
- A solid understanding of how people experience change and the psychology of change.
- Expert knowledge in change & communications management principles and methodologies.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Strong analytic and decision-making abilities.
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Complex program, project and change management expertise with a proven record of success.
- Demonstrate a balance between a strategic enterprise view, planning high-level work processes, and deploying day-to-day practical change management tactics.
- Preferred experience and knowledge in shared service transformation
- Expert knowledge MS Excel / Powerpoint / Sharepoint
- Certification in following would be advantageous:
- ADKAR/Prosci certification
- ACMP (Association of Change Management Professionals)
- AIM Change Methodology