Legal & General Website
An exciting new role created to author, drive and deliver an engaging PR and communications strategy for external and internal audiences for Legal & General Insurance (LGI) across a wide range of communication channels, including digital, print, broadcast, website, video and film.
The role holder will also liaise with Group functions, Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR), Investor Relations, Public Affairs and both LGI and wider L&G business units to deliver high quality creatively strong content and messaging.
- Create a fully integrated external and internal communications that enables LGI to project our image and strategy of driving digital diversified growth and proactively increases our share of voice.
- Work cross-functionally across the highest levels of the business to create an effective narrative and build the LGI story, communication strategy and channels to ensure this narrative is well understood.
- Drive a digital communications approach across LGI, encouraging and advising on best practice and be innovative in the use of digital channels. Manage, develop and integrate L&G Insurance’s corporate digital channels into the External Communications strategy.
- Build and maintain a network of external contacts that can be engaged with and who tell LGI story effectively in the market. Serve as the primary LGI contact for the media, including journalists, trade specialists and market commentators and work closely with the Group PR function.
- Through collaboration with the LGI HR function, create an inspiring internal comms strategy that engages and energises colleagues through a variety of digital and face to face interactions.
- Act as a trusted advisor to leaders across the business on corporate reputation, policy issues and media engagement. This will include the delivery of speeches, by-lined articles and briefings.
- Operate a highly effective day-to-day media relations function, managing proactive briefings with members of the press and handling reactive enquiries, during office hours and out-of-hours.
- Identify and pre-empt issues that have the potential to damage the Company’s reputation and employee engagement, and develop plans to mitigate them.
- Initiate and create innovative LGI content for use externally and internally including thought leadership, blogs, videos, infographics and other digital content for distribution through social media and online and through internal Town halls and briefings.
- Provide internal PR consultancy and project support for key business leaders in LGI, advising on delivery of externally facing communications for a variety of special or business as usual projects.
- Develop, agree and implement a reporting dashboard to evaluate and measure activity in all relevant media channels. Provide timely insight to the LGI Leadership Team to assist with planning and implementation of projects and initiatives.
- Motivate and manage PR agencies and along with associated budgets to ensure they are effective and utilised
- Lead work to collaborate on the promotion of Public Affairs and CSR content in conjunction with the wider Group teams, and when required, support the individual business unit PR teams.
- Strong experience in professional services, financial or corporate PR – either in an in-house or agency capacity or both.
- Demonstrable experience of working in an in-house press function, a PR agency, or as a journalist
- Extensive experience of digital PR (LinkedIn pro / online journal relations / online press / video / Twitter, etc)
- Accustomed to interacting and presenting up to exec levels.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
The successful candidate will be required to travel across LGI’s key offices which include London, Hove and Cardiff and other locations on occasion.