The role of the Internal Communications Manager is based within the wider UK Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) marketing team and is key in developing & maintaining internal marketing engagement.
The role of the Internal Communications Manager is to be responsible for ensuring employee communications from RBWM UK Marketing and Customer Value Management (CVM), align with and support UK and Global messaging and will involve close liaison across business groups within the UK and Globally.
This is a tactical role providing advice and guidance to senior managers within RBWM UK Marketing and Customer Value Management (CVM) on all employees.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Operating as first “port of call” for RBWM UK Marketing and CVM on all tactical employee communication requirements.
- Working closely with RBWM UK Employee Communications to secure space on the Employee Communications Runway.
- Managing the execution and delivery of first class RBWM UK Marketing and CVM communications that add value to employees in order that they can better meet the needs of our customers.
- Drafting and gaining agreement to content for RBWM UK Marketing and CVM communications and align designated business messages with HSBC wide strategic messages.
- Continually measuring and evaluating all communication activity to ensure ongoing improvement
- Project managing employee RBWM UK Marketing and CVM communications across virtual teams; managing delivery partners internally and externally.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience and qualifications:
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Communications, Marketing, etc.
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e. Degree or equivalent experience.
- A track record of gaining an understanding of customers’ needs and delivering excellent customer service.
- Experience of supporting others’ performance, enabling them to achieve by providing clear direction, motivation and support.
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
- Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals.
- Planned projects and activities systematically in line with business priorities, using a variety of analysis and problem solving techniques.
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Excellent writing, proof-writing and editing skills.
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Designing and delivering multi-channel communications campaigns – with clear evidence of audience segmentation and measurement (internally and externally).
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. understanding of Retail Branch and Contact centre working environments and/or Customer Value Management is desirable but not essential.
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. A previous role in communications is desirable but not essential.
The base location of this role will be Birmingham.
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an on-going basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.