About Network Rail
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain’s railway. From Crossrail – Europe’s largest civil engineering project – to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we’re involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
Route Business Scotland plans, operates and maintains the railway day-to-day. Our business units – ‘routes’ – work closely with our customers, and are accountable for improving customer service, safety, and performance, as well as providing a value for money railway.
You will manage a portfolio of multi-media internal communication channels. To develop and deliver an integrated programme for internal communication content provision that meets business objectives and is aligned with Network Rail’s Internal Communications (IC) strategy.
About the role (External)
1. Develop editorial policy and guidelines for internal communications channels.
2. Manage the delivery of IC content to time and production deadlines, with the appropriate tone, language, content and house-style.
3. Support the Senior Communications Manager and work closely with the central Internal Communications team to develop and deliver Network Rail’s internal communications strategy.
4. Implement regular reviews of the multi-media internal communications channels to improve effectiveness.
5. Develop and deliver production schedules for internal communications channels.
6. Work with IC Business Partners to deliver internal communications content that meets business objectives.
7. Work collaboratively with other Communications colleagues to deliver “joined-up” internal and external messages.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Education to degree level or professional qualification in Communications
· Sound knowledge of strategic corporate communications practices
· Substantial experience of internal communication
· Ability to provide guidance on communication issues and develop strategies to support business objectives
· Ability to influence and impact key decisions at a senior level
· Ability to shape and deliver key messages to various audiences and their individual needs
· Experience of managing a team
· Excellent writing skills
· Editorial/journalist skills
· Experience of Project/ budgetary control management
· Change management experience
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
We adhere to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: £32,256 – £36,288 per annum.
Network Rail adheres to the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS). This is a government standard for pre-employment vetting. All prospective employees will undergo the required checks to meet this standard before joining the company.
Closing date: 20 September 2017. Late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://ebus2.hiav.networkrail.co.uk/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?OAFunc=IRC_VIS_VAC_DISPLAY&p_svid=2083341&p_spid=6741726&refsh=0 →