Dentsu Aegis Network Website
We are Dentsu Aegis Network. We innovate the way brands are built. That means we do things differently so they’re better than before. In this way, we make our clients’ most important marketing assets—their brands—win in a changing world.
In this uncertain and increasingly fast moving world, the only certainty for growth over the next 15 years is the digital economy. This opportunity is reflected in the fact that we’ve set out to become a 100% digital economy business by 2020. And we’re set up to embrace the potential of disruption with data as our currency. With a challenger mindset, diverse capabilities and a borderless way of working. We deliver the most effective marketing solutions for our clients that drive superior brand growth and engage consumers.
With a backdrop of rapid digital change and fierce global competition, Dentsu Aegis Network is moving through its own transformational journey. We’ve acquired 112 businesses since 2013 and grown from 15,000 people to 40,000. To support our transformation and growth aspirations, we will continue building a scalable organisation, with systems, platforms and a structure that enables us to change and scale rapidly.
In this backdrop, it’s vital that our communications support this strategy, representing one coherent story to our clients, employees, media and other key stakeholders.
This role will lead communications for a number of areas of the business including Finance and CSR. The role will be well placed to operate at all levels across the organisation, to bring our vision to life and inspire teams.
The role reports to the Head of Employee Communications and will be based in London, as part of the Global Communications team.
Design, lead and plan communication strategy covering a range of global campaigns, projects, services, messages, audiences and channels
- Develop a strategic approach to managing communications in support of our business and communication strategy
- Create key messaging framework, write/edit content that brings our story to life including video, internal social campaigns, articles, sites, apps, presentations, events etc…
- Manage key channels in support of our communications agenda and push the boundaries to deliver communications that is different and better
- Develop multi-channel approach to communications and design communications for our predominantly millennial audience using core collaboration, digital and social channels
Business partner with key parts of the business to drive improved communications and engagement
- Act as a trusted advisor for key stakeholders within Finance and CSR Senior Leadership teams
- Develop strategic narrative in support of their agendas to drive consistent and compelling story telling across the organisation
- Build communications capability with key leaders and help them to deliver engaging and authentic communications to our employees
- Build awareness and educate our global employees on key functional issues and topics through innovative communications approaches
Measure our communications success to ensure effectiveness in driving business results
- Use data and insights to evolve thinking and understanding of what our people need
- Provide measured results to demonstrate campaign and communications effectiveness driving areas for improvement
- Develop a regular measurement framework for key communications channels
- Seek out qualitative and quantitative insights in everything we do
Support delivery of global communications agenda; playing a proactive role in ensuring our Global Communications Network is a high performing function
- Work in partnership with the broader global communications team on shared programmes of activity
- Build consistency and fuel curiosity in who we are and what we do with One Dentsu Aegis story and narrative aligned with our Global Communications Network
- Coach and support our Global Communications Network to deliver effective and engaging global communication messages
- Seek out best practice and new approaches to communications to ensure we are leaders in what we do
- The ideal candidate is likely to have at least 5 years experience in employee/Internal Communications in multinational organisations
- Competent communications professional, with proven expertise in all aspects of communications across multiple communications channels (digital communications in particular)
- Experience in working with complex subject matters and creating clear and compelling messages to drive engagement and understanding across a broad audience group
- Proven ability to influence senior leaders and work across a complex, matrix environment to get things done
- Project management experience to prioritise and drive communications initiatives and deliver work on time and to budget
- High energy and passion
- Superb communication skills, in particular creative copywriting and excellent written English – able to “story tell” to land messages powerfully
- Knowledge of media and/or creative organisations
- Business transformation experience
- Experience working with design teams to produce high quality content with high production value; hands-on background in design skills eg Photoshop
Our values and behaviours:
Agile – Anticipate business needs, continuous process improvement, be flexible whilst maintain high standards
Pioneering – Being constantly curious, be bold in challenging the status quo, support a culture of openness
Ambitious – Strive for excellence, drive hard to achieve, learn from experiences
Responsible – Uphold the highest levels of integrity, lead by example, be courageous in raining concerns
Collaborative – Operate as one finance team locally and globally by sharing best practice and following standard practices and processes
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll receive encouragement to set the strategy for Employee Communications within Finance and CSR while, at the same time, gaining exposure to some of the most senior stakeholders within the business. You will also benefit from working in a very collaborative and high performing team that is always looking at ways to improve.
Dentsu Aegis Network is a fantastic place to work with many great benefits on offer including 25 days’ annual holiday, Cycle to Work Scheme, and get your Birthday day off!
Not only is it an incredibly fun place to work but as part of a multinational organisation there are many opportunities to advance your career once you have proven yourself.
So, how do you apply?
If you feel this role could be what you are looking for – please send a copy of your C.V