The role of the Internal Communications Manager is to create an effective employee engagement strategy by translating the objectives of the business and its ambition for its staff into compelling programmes of content. Part of the engagement strategy will be the management of a two-way dialogue between business leaders and employee and this role is critical within that relationship.
Success in this role rests in the ability to understand staff opinion and potential reaction and to translate complex matters into effective messages that successfully inspire and engage with all CBRE audiences.
CBRE’s go-to-market strategy is to continue to develop an issues/solutions-led approach, as the firm seeks to provide its clients with insight around major issues affecting their businesses and the support to solve them. Communication plays a crucial role in this by instigating and managing communication strategies to deliver messaging around key issues, through to developing relevant and timely content for relationship building in the boardroom that results in generating profitable and sustainable revenue.
For CBRE to be the pre-eminent, vertically integrated global commercial real estate services and investment firm serving their clients with market-leading collaboration.
- Create and direct an Internal Communications strategy across the EMEA and UK businesses by working with key stakeholders to translate messages into employee engagement content
- Work with each of the 29 country teams to ensure Internal Communications is a world class function.
Channel & Change Management
- Demonstrate the ability to use a diverse mix of channels in communications to increase the adoption of technology by all CBRE employees.
- Manage the creation and delivery of compelling messaging to engage people in championing CBRE’s culture, vision and strategy
- Lead, project manage and develop content for the large-scale internal conferences and business updates throughout the year.
- Work with the Head of Communications to transform employee communications to an efficient, engaging contact strategy using relevant channels and seek to reduce volume of communication over time
- Manage the programme of communications via discussion forums, email, meetings, surveys, etc. to open and facilitate two-way communication from the leadership team to all staff and from all staff to the leadership team
- Research appropriate communications and effectiveness measurement for reporting and analysis
- Refresh CBRE’s overall employee communications approach
- Manage an on-going dialogue with staff on key messages and manage and feedback on the firm’s Staff Engagement Survey and work with HR to communicate subsequent changes.
Accountability & Team
- Reporting to the Head of Communications and working closely with the wider marketing team, leadership team, country heads and EMEA specialist sector leaders. Manage and coach three direct reports and up to seven indirect reports.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with senior stakeholders around the business. Extensive Real Estate knowledge
- Good influencing skills and ability to challenge constructively
- Intuitive sense towards all employee issues
- An excellent verbal and written communicator, able to articulate complex messages into straightforward language
- Able to act under pressure with grace and a sense of humour
- Enhanced decision-making abilities
- Exemplary attention to detail and consideration of multiple implications of a single change
- Committed to the improvement of diversity throughout the workforce
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant communication experience
- Experience of employee engagement programmes
- Clear understanding of digital channels and the possibilities they represent to adapt all employee communications