Bupa’s purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 78,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Chile, New Zealand, Hong Kong, the USA, Brazil, the Middle East and Ireland, and many more through our associate businesses in Saudi Arabia and India.
Health insurance is around 70% of our business. In a number of countries, we also run clinics, dental centres, hospitals and care homes and villages.
We are looking for an enthusiast, focused and creative person with a wealth of experience in PR to join our UK press office. It is a busy and rewarding part of the Bupa UK business, this person will need to be able handle complex issues, think creatively and juggle multiple priorities.
You will be responsible for managing proactive and reactive communications so experience of striking this balance is necessary.The Bupa UK business spans insurance, health clinics, dental practices and care services. You will be leading on high priority business campaigns that support our health clinics agenda acting working across the business and with the support of a PR agency to ensure all communications campaigns are integrated.
This person will be a key member of the team in managing reactive press enquiries and media issues as they arise as well as providing counsel to members of the business and develop messaging.
As a senior member of the team they play a key role in the wider UK Corporate Affairs team. The role reports in to the Head of UK Press Office and will work alongside other senior corporate comms managers in the Press Office.
- Lead on effective proactive consumer and corporate PR campaigns that result in a positive impact on the business.
- Maintain strong media contacts across national, broadcast, online and trade publications to deliver stories and comments that support Bupa’s business objectives.
- Manage a PR agency to support our business priorities, delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Think creatively and bring people – of all levels – along the journey from idea stage to delivery
- Create high quality press materials, including press releases, statements, Q&A, briefings
- Work with health and care experts within the business to create engaging press material that cuts through other commentary in the industry and across the media.
- Offer senior counsel to effectively tap in to the news agenda while delivering against the business priorities and communicate new thinking.
- Be first point of contact for media and other areas of the business as part of an out-of-hours on call rota.
- Be a strong advocate for the Bupa brand and its story.
- Be a self-motivated and strong team player.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and an eye for social media assets such as video, imagery and graphics.
- Experience working in a fast-paced press office or agency environment for a leading brand with tight deadlines
- Confidently juggling multiple tasks to deliver varying business priorities while being forward thinking.
- A proven track record in the delivery of integrated communications campaigns targeting multiple audiences – e.g. media, stakeholders, customers and our people
- Confident working with senior spokespeople and create strong relationships to effectively manage media enquiries and issues.
- Ability to process complex information rapidly and distil it in to an effective communication strategy
- Track record of working with other communications functions including internal comms, public affairs, digital and marketing to amplify campaigns and execute return on investment and target multiple audiences.
In return you will be rewarded with excellent benefits – including 25 days holiday, free healthcare, annual bonus and a subsidised canteen. You’ll also be supported in developing your skills with ongoing training and career opportunities.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
For further information on Bupa, our equal opportunities and your career with us, please visit www.bupa.co.uk