Marine Society & Sea Cadets Website
This national charity helps launch young people for life today whatever they want to do after school and helps seafarers to keep learning all their lives. With strong links to the maritime sector and Royal Navy the charity uses the impact of being on the water to change the lives of those it supports through leaning, adventure and skills for life.
We are looking for a creative, experienced and innovative Senior Internal Communications Officer to help us engage our 250 employees and 9,000 volunteer across the UK.
This key role supports both strategic transformation and business as usual activity, working closely with our communications team to create compelling internal communications to engage employees using a variety of mixedmedia channels and initiatives to drive and inspire community, inclusivity and awareness of the charity’s long term objectives, goals, and its vision and strategy. You will also lead on implementing a creative communications strategy and content plan to help the charity engage and inform its 9,000 volunteers, enabling them to feel rewarded, supported and connected with this UK wide charity.
- Proven track record in internal communications with an appreciation of internal communications strategy and planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail
- Self-starter with initiative and the ability to work without supervision
- Ability to instill the trust, confidence and respect of senior management
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels, including remotely in regional offices, with a professional, confident manner
- Client-focused, motivated, proactive, forward-thinking, organized and diplomatic
- Events management experience, including planning engaging content for sessions, liaising with speakers and managing attendee invitations
- Skills to pursue video, blogging, live-streamed discussions and other non-traditional media
Benefits include 25 days annual leave and training opportunities and professional development.
How to apply
Thank you for taking an interest in working for us. If you feel you have the skills and experience that we are looking for, please use our application form here and include a completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. Please submit applications to email@example.com